Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cheer

So I was hanging out with my Grandma the other day while she was opening her Christmas cards. I usually hate Christmas cards, because once you start sending them you're fucked and have to send them to everyone you've ever known for the rest of your life or run the risk of falling into the "Oh... I didn't get a card from _____ this year." zone (which is worse than death in my family)- but there was one in the bunch that really stood out so I thought I'd write about it.

First of all, the front of the card featured my boy Scooby, which I can back 100%. He was in a box with a Santa hat on looking amazing. The card itself came from my Grandma's former co-worker, Emmett, and although I never knew Emmett I was always a fan of any story featuring his name, so that was also great.

What truly made the card, however, was part of the inscription. The first couple of lines were typical "I went golfing this year, I am trying to keep warm" old people stuff, but the rest of the card read as follows:

"Judy Brown died last week. She choked on food sample at Costco.

Celebrate your Christmas with happiness.

Love Ya,

Emmett."

Ummmm... I don't know for sure, but I think a friend dying warrants a phone call. Emmett is my kind of guy for sure. Inappropriate.

No comments: